PORT-AU-PRINCE, Haiti– A spot in the 2019 Scotiabank Concacaf League quarterfinals will be on the line when AS Capoise of Haiti hosts SV Robinhood of Suriname in the second leg of their 2019 SCL Preliminary Round Series on Wednesday night at the Stade Sylvio Cator in Port-au-Prince, Haiti.
The two teams battled to a scoreless draw in last week’s first leg in Suriname in a match that had all the intensity of a Concacaf final.
While AS Capoise had the bulk of the scoring chances, there was no way through SV Robinhood GK Claidel Kohinor, who made a number of top-notch saves to secure the clean sheet result for the five-time Concacaf Champions Cup finalists.
Led by Haiti National Team DF Djimy Alexis, AS Capoise will try to leverage the friendly confines of its home ground to pull out the necessary result in hopes of advancing to the next round.
Yet for SV Robinhood, eliminating a Haitian club is nothing new, as it managed to achieve that feat in the Concacaf League Playoff against Real Hope with a penalty shootout victory.
R: RADIX, REON ANTONIO (Grenada)
AR1: CLARKE, KEVON AKEEM (Barbados)
AR2: BARNARDE, WASNAH SHAVAN (Antigua and Barbuda)
4TH OFFICIAL MARTINEZ SORTO, HECTOR SAID (Honduras)
The possible match scenarios
- Match # 8 – AS Capoise vs. SV Robinhood (0-0)
- With a SV Robinhood win or tie by 1-1, 2-2, 3-3, etc; Robinhood will advance to the R16 of the competition.
- With a 0-0 tie between the two clubs in question, the match will be declared a draw and the outcome will be decided by Penalty kicks.
- If AS Capoise wins in the return leg at home, AS Capoise will advance to the next round of the competition.
- Note: The winner of this match will play against Club Atletico Independiente (PAN) in the Round of 16