Action from the Honduran Clausura match between host Honduras Progreso (white jersey) and Motagua on March 4, 2017 in El Progreso, Honduras.
TEGUCIGALPA, Honduras – The 2017 Honduran Clausura final kicks off Saturday night with Honduras Progreso hosting Motagua at the Estadio Humberto Micheletti.
CONCACAF.com takes a look at the matchup.
REGULAR SEASON RECORDS:
#4 Honduras Progreso (9W-4D-5L; 28GF, 26GA) v #2 Motagua (9W-7D-2L; 35GF, 21GA)
HOW THEY GOT HERE:
- Honduras Progreso earned a place in the final by first prevailing over Marathon in a Play-In series on the strength of having a better regular-season record after a 1-1 aggregate draw (1st Leg: 0-1 away loss, 2nd Leg: 1-0 home win). Then, in the semifinals, Honduras overcame Olimpia, 6-4 on aggregate (1st Leg: 4-2 home win, 2nd Leg: 2-2 away draw).
- Motagua’s path to the final was more straightforward as it topped Real España in the semifinals, 4-3 on aggregate (1st Leg: 2-1 away win, 2nd Leg: 2-2 home draw).
2017 CLAUSURA -- HEAD-TO-HEAD:
15.011.17: Motagua 3, Honduras Progreso 1
Carlos Discua 1’; Felix Crisanto 4’ pen; Santiago Vergara 27’ / Frelys Lopez 88’
04.03.17: Honduras Progreso 2, Motagua 2
Carlos Sanchez 14’; Franklin Morales 36’ / Erick Andino 10’; Fleix Crisanto 87’
- Honduras Progreso is unbeaten in 12 of its last 14 games (9W-3D-2L).
- Honduras is unbeaten in its last seven home games (5-2-0), including three straight wins.
- Motagua is unbeaten in its last 12 games (7-5-0).
- Seven of Motagua’s last 12 games have ended in a draw.