Honduras internationals Romell Quoto (left) and Alberth Elis (right) celebrate after the Houston Dynamo scored in a recent MLS game . (Photo courtesy of the Houston Dynamo)
HOUSTON – The Honduras strike partnership of Alberth Elis and Romell Quioto maintained its strong start to 2017 as each netted in the Houston Dynamo's 4-0 win over visiting Orlando City SC on Saturday
JUST THE FACTS
- For the second time this season, Elis and Quioto scored in the same MLS game. The Hondurans both netted in Houston’s 3-1 win against the Columbus Crew on March 11.
- The 21-year-old Elis now has four goals in nine matches this season, while the 25-year-old Quioto has notched four in seven matches.
- Saturday was Quioto’s first start since March 18. He missed the previous three matches due to an injury suffered while on Honduras duty, but did appear as a second half substitute in Houston’s last three outings.
THEY SAID IT
- Quioto: “Alberth and I have come in here playing together for a while at Olimpia and in the national team. I think we have shown that when we want to do a good job, we can do it.”
- Elis: “It’s important that Romell was back in the starting lineup. We know his capabilities and thankfully things are going well for him.”
- Quioto and Elis will look to continue their scoring form for Honduras when it returns to World Cup Qualifying next month against Mexico (June 8, away) and Panama (June 13, away). The CONCACAF Gold Cup follows in July.