TEGUCIGALPA, Honduras – Olimpia received a boost ahead of Thursday’s 2017 Scotiabank CONCACAF League final, first leg against visiting Santos de Guapiles, when it was announced that Carlo Costly will be available for selection.
The 35-year-old striker has been out of action for the last month after suffering a fractured rib in a 3-2 loss to Marathon on September 17, but he is fit for the encounter that will take place at the Estadio Olimpico Metropolitano.
“Costly is good. He now has medical clearance,” Olimpia team doctor Elmer Lopez said Tuesday. “He’s traveling with the team to San Pedro Sula and it’s now up to the coaching staff as to whether he plays or not.”
Costly is tied for second on the SCL scoring chart with four goals, one behind teammate Roger Rojas.
Olimpia head coach Carlos Restrepo refused to speculate on his plans for the Honduras international.
“I still have not made that decision,” said the 56-year-old Colombian. “I’ll see when I wake up and later we will make a determination if Costly starts or not.”
In addition to his four goals scored in SCL play, Costly has netted twice in three Honduran Apertura outings.